Attitude is contagious, is yours worth catching?
- After students have watched the video, have them form small groups of 2 – 4.
- Provide each group with the PBIS Attitude Lesson, Handout #1. (Only one per group)
- Have students brainstorm characteristics of negative attitudes and fill out the respective chart.
- Have students discuss the impacts of the negative characteristics and behaviors.
- Ask for volunteers to contribute their ideas to the whole class.
- Have students do the same procedures for the positive attitudes and their impacts.
- Ask for volunteers to contribute ideas to the whole class.
Ask students for some general behaviors they could display in the workplace or in school to show a positive attitude. Provide each student with a CHAMP Check and ask them to fill the check out for someone they believe consistently embodies a positive attitude. Tell them the check can be filled out for a teacher, staff member, or administrator here at the high school. Collect the CHAMP Checks and return them in your folder (please paperclip them together). Also collect Handout #1 and place in the folder.